Ely's Reasons and FAQs
My Reasons for hacking/modding my switches
- I wanted to mod my games that I bought
- I am artist and I wanted to do artistic stuff
- I wanted to use cheats in games only local play. The cheats are more fun for me :)
- It is more fun to do more stuff on switch :)
- make my own homebrew apps
- ability to do more things like look up weather or other things (my own weather app work great on my android switch)
- experimenting 8.
My Reasons for running atmosphere on my switches instead of xxxxxxx custom firmware
- It is free and open sourced. I love to read codes.
- The atmosphere team is very nice people.
- They support homebrew apps, game mods, game cheats, and emunand.
- I can do changes to the code if I needed to.
- This cfw support very great themes. I make my own themes.
- They are very fast with updating atmosphere code to work with the switch's firmware updates. (9.0.0 update was out on monday and They have it working in few days)
- lowest ban risk with your own legit games. (I have not been banned on my online atmosphere switch with only game carts used on it.)
- very flexible cfw and it is easy for me to work with.
- good support of using cheats. I can easily use cheats in the games.
- sysmodule support. I can use sysmodules like sys-ftpd and have ftpd server running in the background.
- easy to setup and update for me. I know how to manage files myself.
- I love black and blue colors in the atmosphere cfw.
- The atmosphere have much less issues then other CFWs. I had to fix minor issue with reading my game carts after 9.0.0 update then is it.
- lastly, I am very happy with my atmosphere setups on my three switches now :) 1 is test switch and it was used in my tutorials.
I am someone who had years of programming and modding consoles. I got into programming and modding consoles around late 90s.